Dalene Deale brings extensive experience in finance — specifically in the payments space. She’s held a variety of roles in financial institutions, including business analysis, process engineering, and corporate acquiring. Using her passion, knowledge and expertise, she drives TransUnion’s FinTech strategy by leveraging insights and capabilities to assist them in various stages of growth.
Dalene’s love for FinTech is derived from a combination of having seen the power of possibility when financial experts and tech gurus work together to make a difference as well as her desire to help companies, both big and small, connect the dots and grow to their full potential.
Projects that she partnered on with Fintechs while working for a large bank that she holds dearest include:
- building a solar branch in Upper Mncwasa,
- being part of the team that created the first commercialized big data analytics tool in South Africa,
- building a millennial market place with a FinTech and
- creating a working capital solution that helps small businesses
- building a merchant advance solution on the back of payments data
While at TransUnion, her career has advanced by fulfilling two roles initially:
- repairing a severely broken relationships within Financial Services
- crafting a Fintech strategy and Go To Market plan for Startups and Fintechs in Africa
- executing the strategy using lean ‘startup’ methodology within a corporate environment
- driving growth within the business by ensuring sustainable traction is achieved
- being a brand ambassador for TransUnion, publishing articles, doing interviews or speaking at conferences.